Поверхность ТВ Поверхность ТВ
пятница, 19 апреля 2024  

Поверхность ТВ Форум
На главную | Все форумы | Пользователи | Правила | Мониторинг тв | Поиск | Регистрация | Зайти

Вы не зашли.
Поверхность ТВ Форум / Вопросы комментаторам / Magic. Does he feel like Модераторы: BuTbKa, Maria, dex Тема закрыта
Автор
Сообщение Страниц: 1
vv1122365

PHILADELPHIA - Wilt Chamberlain has been cut down to size. Wilt The Stilt is now Wilt The Stamp.The Hall of Famer and the only NBA player to score 100 points in a game is set to appear on a commemorative U.S postage stamp. Chamberlain died in 1999 at age 63.The U.S. Postal Service and the Philadelphia 76ers, with co-operation from the NBA, will formally dedicate the Wilt Chamberlain Forever stamps in a halftime ceremony at a Dec. 5 game against Oklahoma City.The stamps are just over 2 inches tall. Kadir Nelson, of San Diego, created the two stamp image portraits of the NBA Hall of Famer.One is based on a photograph of Chamberlain in a Philadelphia Warriors uniform; the other is based on an image of Chamberlain in a Los Angeles Lakers uniform.The word Wilt is featured in either the top right or left corner of each stamp. Art director Antonio Alcala of Alexandria, Virginia, designed the stamps.The cause was started in 2008 by sports writer Donald Hunt of The Philadelphia Tribune, a 129-year-old newspaper that primarily targets the black community. Hunt, who recalled as a child watching in person Chamberlain play for the 76ers against Oscar Robertson and the Cincinnati Royals, believed The Big Dipper had the credentials to join Jackie Robinson, Babe Ruth, Joe Louis and Jesse Owens among the sports legends with their own stamps.Hunt lobbied the Philadelphia 76ers, the Kansas Jayhawks and Chamberlains friends, fans and family to get involved in the effort.People should remember the great ones, Hunt said. They dont come any bigger or better than Wilt Chamberlain.Chamberlain starred in the NBA from 1959 through 1973, when he played for the Philadelphia (later the San Francisco) Warriors, 76ers and Lakers.The 31,419 points Chamberlain scored during his career stood as a record until Kareem Abdul-Jabbar broke it in 1984. Chamberlain, who never fouled out in 1,205 regular-season and playoff games, also holds the rebounding record with 23,924. Air Max Plus Clearance . Virtanen opened the scoring at 6:45 of the first period, then gave Canada a two-goal lead with a power-play goal 1:03 into the second. Sweden cut the lead in half when Daniel Muzito Bagenda scored a power-play goal at 10:57 of the second. Wholesale Air Max Plus China . The eighth-year point guard played in his 500th career game on Sunday, a 98-93 win over the Orlando Magic.  Does he feel like hes played in that many games? "No," he said initially, before reconsidering. http://www.clearanceairmaxplus.com/ . Warren made six birdies and a bogey for a 5-under total of 139 to sit one shot ahead of Felipe Aguilar of Chile, who carded a 69. David Horsey of England was also on 5 under through 15 holes to join Warren atop the leaderboard before play was stopped. Cheap Air Max Plus Wholesale . Louis Blues and Buffalo Sabres came to an agreement on a big trade that may only offer incremental improvement to the Blues in their quest for a Stanley Cup. Cheap Air Max Plus China . PETERSBURG, Fla.On the latest edition of TSNFC we were joined by Carl Robinson on his one year anniversary as the clubs head coach to talk about his first year in the job and give updates on some of the current questions surrounding his squad moving in to 2015. Robinson covered a wide range of topics. Here are some of the highlights: On re-signing Mauro Rosales: It was a tricky deal. It was one that we wanted to try and make work for Mauro and for the club. He has enjoyed his time with us and had a big influence on the group. Mauro will be a player (not also a coaching role), it is a big responsibility being just a player but with the leadership that he brings he will naturally do his coaching anyway. Its an important day for us today because we have managed to re-sign a key part of our club moving forward. On his search for a Designated Player striker: There are still a number of candidates that are in that range. I have got one that I would like to bring in if I can - obviously it depends on a number of things so you have got to keep your options open. There are targets and they are in different categories as well, different ranges. We will try and get the best player available. Character references have been done with all of the targets and we are ready to go. On talks with Johnny Leveron: We spoke with his representative earlier today. We have just got to decide which way we are going to play that, but Im sure we will manage to tie something down with Johnny one way or thee other.dddddddddddd On not rushing new signings: I dont want rush and sign three or four players on the same day. I think it is important that we do our due diligence and we take our time. If we sign four players now and then suddenly at the start of January a player becomes available that I believe is better than Ive got I would be kicking myself. So we will make our decisions at the right time. On when a head coach will be hired for the Caps USL PRO team: Very soon. Hopefully in the next week or two. I think the search has been narrowed down to a few candidates who are getting told in the next few days. It has got to be the right fit for us. It is a massive step for the development within the club. It is an important part of development and it is important that we are competitive in that field. We are not there just to make up the numbers and we want to create the same environment in that team as we do in the first team. On his own future with the Whitecaps: All I can concentrate on is doing my job. If I do my job to the best of my ability and do things the way I think they should be done, then I cant see a reason why I cant be here for a number of years. The club has been great with me. It wasnt an easy situation the way I got the job and in my first year but they have been supportive of me and I hope I repaid their faith last year. If we continue moving in this direction Im sure everyone will be happy and we will spend a lot of time together. ' ' '

2019-02-23 04:53:07

Страниц: 1   Тема закрыта
Перейти