Поверхность ТВ Поверхность ТВ
четверг, 28 марта 2024  

Поверхность ТВ Форум
На главную | Все форумы | Пользователи | Правила | Мониторинг тв | Поиск | Регистрация | Зайти

Вы не зашли.
Поверхность ТВ Форум / Обсуждение трансляций / Florida Panthers Hats Модераторы: BuTbKa, Maria, dex Тема закрыта
Автор
Сообщение Страниц: 1
huangjian123

OAKLAND Drew Robinson Jersey , Calif. (AP) — Athletics pitcher Frankie Montas didn’t have much success trying to pump his fastball past Texas’ hitters early and spent most of the game working through traffic.Montas calmed down enough to work out of a bases-loaded, no-out jam in the fourth, just before Oakland broke out for its biggest inning of the season.Matt Chapman homered and walked three times, Marcus Semien had a two-run double as part of a six-run fourth inning and the A’s beat the Rangers 11-5 on Tuesday night.“They were knocking on the door there and to slam them shut was big,” said Stephen Piscotty, who matched his career high with four hits and scored three times. “Then the offense was able to take over.”Montas (4-1) struck out six and pitched into the sixth inning in an uneven start to win his third straight and team-leading fourth overall. The A’s right-hander allowed three runs on nine hits and overcame his own error to work out of the situation in the fourth after allowing a walk and infield single to begin the inning.Montas also got out of jams in the first and second, stranding runners in scoring position each time.“In a lot of ways I think this was the best game of the year for him,” manager Bob Melvin said. “When he’s rolling it’s easy for him. But in the past when he’s had some trouble, he’s had a little trouble shutting it down. To get out of the fourth like that and pitching around traffic the whole time, this would probably be as good for him as any game that he’s had.”Montas said he was rushing his pitches early.“The way the game started, I was way too quick,” Montas said. “I usually don’t work like that. I started a little bit too hard and got myself in trouble. After that second inning I got back to myself.”Slugger Khris Davis broke out of a mini slump with an RBI single and Ramon Laureano drove in two runs for the A’s. Every Oakland starter had at least one hit on a warm night when both teams hit the ball hard most of the game.Danny Santana homered and had three hits for Texas. The Rangers have lost two straight after winning six of seven.“That fourth inning was tough,” Texas manager Chris Woodward said. “We had a chance to blow the game open and their guy made a couple of good pitches and got out of it.”Chapman hit his seventh home run of the season off Lance Lynn (2-2) in the first but paused after connecting on the 3-2 pitch, waiting to see if the ball would stay fair as it sailed past the high yellow foul pole. Third base umpire Will Little signaled home run http://www.rangersfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-moore-jersey , and after a brief crew chief review, the call stood.Oakland broke the game open with seven hits in the fourth, including two-run doubles by Semien and Josh Phegley. Laureano and Davis also knocked in runs as the A’s sent 11 to the plate.Lynn allowed eight runs to match his career high in 3 1/3 innings.“I was terrible out there,” Lynn said. “Everything they put into play was a hit whether it was hit hard or not.”CHOO’S STREAK ENDSShin-Soo Choo had reached base safely in 10 consecutive games when batting leadoff for the Rangers until going 0 for 5 with three strikeouts.PISCOTTY’S STREAK CONTINUESPiscotty has a franchise record 16-game hitting streak against the Rangers and has 14 RBIs in that stretch. “That was surprising, I had no idea,” Piscotty said.BIG LEAGUE DEBUTRangers pitcher Wei-Chieh Huang allowed two runs and retired seven batters in his major league debut after being recalled from Double-A Frisco before the game.TRAINERS ROOMRangers: LHP Drew Smyly was placed on the 10-day injured list because of nerve tightness in his pitching arm. Manager Chris Woodward said he expects Smyly to miss one or two starts.Athletics: Marco Estrada underwent a radiofrequency ablation procedure in hopes of alleviating pain in the right-hander’s lower back. Estrada went on the injured list April 17 with a lumbar strain. RHP Lou Trivino continues to be unavailable because of a sore thumb he injured playing catch.UP NEXTRHP Aaron Brooks (2-2, 5.32) pitches for the A’s in the season finale after allowing 13 runs over 16 innings in his three previous starts. Kyle Dowdy will make his first major league start for the Rangers.__ In O’s news: checking in on some prospects and looking at some GM options."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Commentary & AnalysisOrioles ProspectsOrioles Game RecapsOrioles News and RumorsCamdencastBird DroppingsSaturday’s Bird Droppings: Where Mike Bordick wants to manage the OriolesNew,27commentsIn O’s news: checking in on some prospects and looking at some GM options.ByTyler Young@_TyYoungOct6, 2018,9:00am EDTShareTweetShareShareSaturday’s Bird Droppings: Where Mike Bordick wants to manage the OriolesMorning, Birdland!Mike Bordick loves the Orioles organization and the Baltimore community. I believe that. He has been around the club for a long time, including two different stints as a player, several different coaching roles and now a steady job as color commentator with MASN. While the paycheck is probably fine for all of those roles, a person doesn’t stick around a team unless there is something special to them about that team. If passion was the only qualifier to name someone manager http://www.rangersfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-moore-jersey , Bordick might very well be at the top of the Orioles list. OK, maybe second behind Rick Dempsey.In the Baltimore Sun link down below, the quote from Bordick is very nice. It’s pretty simple: he cares about the Orioles and wants to be part of making them good again. I love that! So, how do we make them better? Bordick was not asked that question, but it is his potential answer that’s worrisome.Sun reporter Jon Meoli cites Aaron Boone and Alex Cora, two first-time managers currently battling in the ALDS, to show that there is a precedent of recent players going from TV commentating to managing in rather quick succession. For Boone, it was a direct move from ESPN, while Cora first spent a year as bench coach of the World Series champion Astros.That may be true, but it’s clearly not a fit for everyone. Cora was well known for his appreciation of advanced statistics, and Boone was hired by the Yankees, who probably spend more money than anyone else on gathering data to aid in decision-making. There was no mistaking what type of head coach they would each be.Bordick is a different breed. It’s obvious when listening to him on MASN broadcasts. He knows about baseball, of course. He was a very good player in the bigs for over a decade. But he retired in 2003, and it’s possible that is about the time when he stopped trying to learn about the sport. When statistics are presented on telecasts Curtis Granderson Jersey , he reads them rather than interpreting them for the viewer.It’s a stark contrast to when Jim Palmer takes on the MASN color commentator role. The Hall of Fame pitcher has his “old school” tendencies, but he does a fantastic job of analyzing the moment, predicting what’s to come and explaining why those things did or did not happen. Bordick seems more like a fan in awe of each play. Perhaps he knows just as much as Palmer, but he rarely articulates it. Instead, he prefers to give things nicknames, like Brad Brach’s “turbo-change” or calling Chris Davis “The Crusher.”It’s great that Bordick is invested in the future of the Orioles. They need as much help as they can get, and if he can contribute in any way, then he should. But does it make sense to let him do it from the dugout? Former Oriole Mike Bordick expresses interest in being team’s manager - Baltimore SunOther LinksEmptying the Notebook: FL Instructs - Prospects LiveI’m not an expert on the reliability of independent baseball scouting sites. If it’s not one of the big ones like Baseball America or Baseball Prospectus, I’m not sure what the quality of the content will be. However, this site looks solid. They have videos for most of the prospects and the scouting jargon all checks out.The reason to check it out is for some quick reports on lesser known O’s minor leaguers, like Gray Fenter, Hector Guance, Tim Naughton and Zach Jarrett, all of which are mentioned here. Mountcastle reigns as Orioles start rebuild - MiLB.comWhen the future is all we have Jaime Garcia Jersey , then clinging to positive news about the farm system becomes a necessary exercise. Not all of the players mentioned here are going to have a major impact in Baltimore anytime soon or maybe ever. But, Ryan Mountcastle looks like the real deal. Can he hit? You know it. Can he hit for power? Duh. Can he field? Enough questions!Four Possible Orioles GM Candidates With Ties To Team And Baltimore - Press BoxSpeculation is fun! If we’re honest, only one of these names gives me a good feeling, and that’s Shapiro. But taking the position that is supposedly available with the O’s would technically be a demotion from his current role in the Blue Jays organization. Of course, the Orioles could try and match the money. Then, who really cares about a “title.” Orioles birthdays and historyIs it your birthday? Happy Birthday! Radhames Liz bounced in and out of the Orioles rotation between 2007 and 2009. He turns 35 today. “Sweaty” Freddy Garcia, who pitched in 11 games for the 2013 O’s, celebrates his 42nd birthday. Greg Walker made his way into 14 games for the 1990 team. He is 59 years old. Finally, it is the birthday of the late Joe Frazier, an outfielder in 45 games back in 1956.1966 - 20-year-old Jim Palmer becomes the youngest pitcher to ever throw a shutout in the World Series. His Orioles beat Sandy Koufax and the Los Angeles Dodgers 6-0 in game two. the O’s would go on to sweep the series in four games.1983 - The Orioles win game two of the ALCS 4-0 over the White Sox on the back of starter Mike Boddicker, who strikes out a playoff-record 14 batters.

2019-04-30 04:32:36

Страниц: 1   Тема закрыта
Перейти