Поверхность ТВ Поверхность ТВ
суббота, 20 апреля 2024  

Поверхность ТВ Форум
На главную | Все форумы | Пользователи | Правила | Мониторинг тв | Поиск | Регистрация | Зайти

Вы не зашли.
Поверхность ТВ Форум / Вопросы комментаторам / returning the 33-year-ol Модераторы: BuTbKa, Maria, dex Тема закрыта
Автор
Сообщение Страниц: 1
vv1122365

CHICAGO -- Scott Feldman envisioned big things for Chris Davis. Now that theyre united again, he gets to see it up close. Davis hit his major league-leading 32nd homer and added a tiebreaking two-run double to lead the Baltimore Orioles to a 4-2 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday night. "I think the big thing with him is just getting the opportunity," said Feldman, his teammate in Texas. "Hes always been a really talented and strong guy. Hed go down to the minor leagues and do the same thing every time. But then hed get back up, and it was kind of inconsistent with the playing time. It was a different situation over there, obviously." Feldman wasnt bad in his first appearance for Baltimore, pitching six solid innings. And the Orioles hung on to win for the fifth time in six games after the White Sox threatened against Jim Johnson in the ninth. Chicago had the tying runs on after Conor Gillaspie and Jeff Keppinger singled with one out, putting men on first and second. Johnson struck out Gordon Beckham looking and retired pinch-hitter Jordan Danks on a bouncer to the mound for his 29th save in 34 attempts. Davis delivered the big hits for Baltimore. "I think its more a feeling of comfort than anything else," he said. "I feel comfortable in the box. I feel like Im seeing the ball well and getting good pitches to hit. I feel comfortable hitting with no strikes, one strike or two strikes." Already the club record holder for home runs before the All-Star break, he added to it leading off the fourth against Hector Santiago when he drove the first pitch just inside the foul pole to the left-field bullpen. That gave the Orioles a 2-1 lead, which Beckham wiped out when he led off the fifth with his first homer, but Davis came through again with one out in the eighth. He greeted Matt Thornton with two-run double on the first pitch he saw after Nick Markakis and Adam Jones singled off Matt Lindstrom (2-3), giving the Orioles a 4-2 lead. "Theyve got a guy thats hitting .330," Beckham said. "Driving in a million runs and hitting a million home runs. Hes really good. Its tough to say anything about our side, when hes doing what hes doing." Baltimore loaded the bases against Ramon Troncoso in the ninth, but Manny Machado forced the runner at the plate and Jones popped out to end the threat. Darren ODay (4-0) pitched a scoreless seventh and Tommy Hunter worked the eighth before Johnson dodged that jam in the ninth. Feldman looked sharp for Baltimore after being acquired in a trade with the Cubs the previous day. The right-hander allowed two runs and six hits and struck out six without a walk despite staying up until about 4 a.m. after flying back from Oakland -- mostly because of the excitement. He knew when he signed a one-year deal with the rebuilding Cubs there was a good chance hed be dealt if he pitched well, and thats exactly what happened. He landed on a contender thats now 11 games over .500, matching a season high. "Im going to miss those guys, but Im looking forward to a fresh start here and trying to get into the playoffs and do some things in the post-season," Feldman said. Santiago pitched well, giving up two runs and five hits in seven innings. The left-hander tied a season-high with nine strikeouts while walking two after getting hit hard in his previous start against Cleveland. But on a night when the Stanley Cup made an appearance, with the Blackhawks Patrick Sharp and Brandon Bollig throwing out first pitches, the White Sox took their 24th loss in 33 games. There was more bad news for the last-place White Sox, with slugger Paul Konerko (strained lower back) and reliever Jesse Crain (strained right shoulder) going on the 15-day disabled list. "I think if theres anything that could go wrong this year for the White Sox, its gone wrong," said Crain, one of Chicagos top trade assets. NOTES: The Orioles optioned IF Danny Valencia to Triple-A Norfolk to make room for Feldman. ... RHP Kevin Gausman will remain in bullpen for now, although manager Buck Showalter indicated Baltimores top pitching prospect could wind up back in the rotation at some point. "We have 70-something games left," he said. "We have to do some things between now and the All-Star break. He and Zach (Britton), both of them have options, we like them both on the club. I think these things kind of solve themselves." ... With Konerko and Crain on the DL, the White Sox recalled 3B Brent Morel from Triple-A Charlotte and purchased the contract of LHP David Purcey from the minor league club. ... Rios picked up his 200th steal when he swiped second in the first inning. ... The start of the game was delayed seven minutes by rain. ... LHP Zach Britton (2-2, 4.50 ERA) starts Thursday for Baltimore, with LHP Jose Quintana (3-2, 3.97) pitching for Chicago. Greg Bird Jersey . Off-Season Game Plan looks at a Wild team that has a nice mix of proven veterans along with young, inexpensive talent on the rise. When the Wild signed Zach Parise and Ryan Suter, making a big splash in the summer of 2012, it set the franchise on a path to being more competitive, but a big reason that they have been so competitive is the contributions of young players who still have more to give. Johnny Damon Jersey . -- The Anaheim Ducks have signed left wing Dany Heatley to a one-year deal, returning the 33-year-old unrestricted free agent to the Pacific Division. http://www.yankeesrookiestore.com/Yanke ... ds-Jersey/ . Jovanovski, the 2012 champ seeded fifth, will meet surprise Japanese qualifier Misa Eguchi on Friday. Eguchi, ranked 183rd, qualified for her first WTA main draw this week, then beat No. Yogi Berra Jersey . Jeff Carter had two goals and an assist as the Kings stretched their streak to seven wins in a row with a 4-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday. Giancarlo Stanton Jersey . Five straight losses (and six in the past seven) now dot the schedule – matching their longest skid of the year – after they fell again in New Jersey on Sunday night, topped 3-2 by Cory Schneider and the Devils.EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- The Minnesota Vikings will play without middle linebacker Erin Henderson this weekend, giving Audie Cole his first career start instead. Henderson has missed practice all week due to an unspecified personal matter, and coach Leslie Frazier on Friday ruled the teams leading tackler out of the game at Green Bay. Cole, a seventh-round draft pick last year, was cut for a few days earlier this month in favour of depth at another position and brought back for the last game at Seattle. So here he is, about to be in the starting lineup at Lambeau Field. "Pumped," Cole said, adding: "Im excited for my opportunity to get to go out and do what Ive been waiting for, for a year and a half now." Another starter, defensive end Brian Robison, was listed as questionable for Sunday because of a muscle spasm in his neck that prevented him from taking part in practice Friday. With Jared Allen and Everson Griffen, the Vikings have only two other defensive ends on the active roster. Defensive tackle Letroy Guion will be back after missing the last two weeks because of a chest injury, so at least theyll have a deeper rotation in the middle. The Vikings had better news on the other side of the ball. Running back Adrian Peterson returned to practice on a limited basis after sitting out the last two days to rest his sore groin. Hes listed as questionable, along with wide receiver Greg Jennings (Achilles) and centre John Sullivan (concuussion), who also returned to practice on a limited basis.dddddddddddd All three are expected to play. Jennings didnt play last week at Seattle. For Cole, patience paid off. He was told the plan prior to being released on Nov. 7, so Kevin Murphy could be elevated from the practice squad as insurance at offensive tackle with Phil Loadholt still recovering from a concussion for the game against Washington. Sure enough, two days later, Cole was back on the active roster. "Its still not cool. Its not what you want to happen," Cole said. "I understand why they did it. Someone had to go. I wish it wasnt me, but it was. Youve just got to take it. I came back, and things have been going good for me lately." His backup will be rookie Michael Mauti, a fellow seventh-round pick. Mauti had some swelling in his left knee, on which he had reconstructive surgery as a senior at Penn State. His third anterior cruciate ligament injury in a five-year span caused him to slip down the draft board. Mauti has excelled on special teams with 10 tackles, third most on the team. He shrugged off the suggestion that his recent minor injury was bad timing, given the opening created by Hendersons absence. He said hes sure hell get plenty of playing time. "You cant control what happens to you in a football game. I know that better than anybody," he said. "But Im not going to be limited Sunday, so thats really all that matters." ' ' '

2019-02-23 05:12:00

Oladushka

Полезная информация.

2019-03-01 10:58:20

Страниц: 1   Тема закрыта
Перейти